« High five | Main | The Foundling Museum »

25 February 2010


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Depth scale

It's a typescale, used back in the dark ages for copy fitting. God I hated print theory lectures in Townhill, 1989-1990.

Sad thing is I've still got mine.

Mmm, picas...

But for those of us who had to match existing layouts, did you have one of these?

quite right, well done Graham, depth scale - used for measuring interlinear spacing - usually baseline to baseline (often incorrectly referred to as leading).

OK, I'll bite: Why isn't interline spacing the same as leading?

The comments to this entry are closed.